Friday, June 25, 2010

Pavel Bachleda - Slovakia/Austria

My name is Pavel Bachleda, I am 23 years old and I come from Slovakia. I am the youngest one in our family, I have an older brother Teodor (33) who is married and lives with his family in Munich, Germany and an older sister Gabriela (32) who is also married and lives with her family in our hometown Banská Bystrica, Slovakia. I have studied Law at the University of Bratislava (2004-2009) and Law and Jurisprudence at the University of Vienna (since 2004) where I am currently finishing my Master's degree. I have been living in Austria since six years and I'm at home practically in both countries. After my studies I will probably stay working at least for some time at the law firm where I am working now, however, I'm still not sure about a career of an attorney, as I've always been tempted by diplomacy. During my studies, I attended several educational programmes of the Acton Institute and the Federalist Society which shaped to a large extent many of my opinions on law, economics and justice. My most favorite hobby is playing piano; originally I wanted to become a pianist, until I decided at the age of 15 to abandon this idea. Since then, music and playing piano has become my greatest passion, even though I don't have much time to practice. Apart from music, I like hiking, skiing, learning foreign languages, networking and discussing with people their opinions. It's my first time at Notre Dame this year and I'm looking forward to spending with you an unforgettable summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment